Pre Wax Advice
- Let your hair grow
Don’t book a waxing appointment until you haven’t waxed/shaved for least one to two weeks. Ideally, you should have 1/4 inch (.635 cm) of hair in the area you want to wax. Waxing will be more painless and effective if you wait long enough to wax.
- Talk to your esthetician before the appointment
When you have found a professional esthetician, tell them about any allergies or skin sensitivities prior to the appointment. Your waxer can then choose a wax type appropriate for your skin type to avoid skin irritation.
If this is your first time waxing, let your esthetician know. They can tell you how to prepare for your specific treatment.
Tell your esthetician about any skin creams you use as well, as this can affect your skin sensitivity.
- Exfoliate your skin
Before your appointment, exfoliate in the shower to remove dead skin and lift trapped hair. Exfoliating will reduce the likelihood of ingrown hairs after the appointment.
Don’t exfoliate your legs the same day you plan to wax them. Exfoliate several days before to prevent itching and redness. Don’t forget to moisturise your skin after exfoliating.
- Dress wisely. Don’t wear tight trousers after your wax, lace or un-breathable materials can irritate the area.
- Cool Off. Keep the waxed area clean, but do not use harsh cleansers or creams for 24hrs post-wax.
- Avoid shaving between waxes; shaving causes the hairs to become very coarse and can be difficult to wax. Remember the more you wax, the finer the hairs will get and eventually become less and less.
- Avoid the sun and swimming. You already have delicate skin, keep in mind that sensitive skin is more susceptible to UV rays. As for swimming, as it could contain bacteria and you could have an increased risk of getting an infection and no one wants that.
- Exfoliate Regularly. After at least 24hrs, you can lightly exfoliate the skin that has been waxed and also moisturise. Be careful not to over-exfoliate.
Totally loved my visit to this salon . Maria was absolutely great , made me feel at ease and was so down to earth! I will totally be back
The staff made me feel comfortable and she was very proffesional
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.